Vaping is increasing in popularity in the UK, with many people using it to help them stop smoking cigarettes, and others doing it because they enjoy it, even though they have never smoked before. There are currently an estimated 2.7 million people who vape across the UK, which is continually increasing. If you have never tried vaping before, but it piques your interest, below is everything you need to know about vaping if you are thinking of trying it for the first time.
How Vaping Works
A cigarette works by combustion, so the tobacco is burnt, and the smoke it produces is inhaled, which is highly harmful to your health. However, vaping is different to smoking, and although the vapour looks like smoke, it is different. Vaping uses heat to vaporise the e-liquid, which is then drawn back into the mouth or lungs, like smoking. The change from liquid to vapour is almost instantaneous, and there are far fewer damaging chemicals in vaping than compared to smoking.
The Different Types Of Vaping Devices
When you look at all the different types of vaping devices available to purchase on the market, it can be daunting to know where to start. You can buy simple systems where all you do is press a button and inhale, to more complicated ones where you need to build your coil manually. The most popular vaping devices include:
- Starter Kits – Everything you need to start vaping in a kit, handy for first-time vapers.
- Vape Pen Kits – Similar to starter kits, but the vaping device is long and thin, like a pen.
- Pod Kits – Pod kits come in various shapes and sizes, and you can choose a closed pod or an open pod design.
- Sub-Ohm Kits – The sub-ohm kits are designed for the user to draw the vapour directly into the lungs.
- Mechanical Mods – These vaping devices have no circuitry inside and usually comes in the shape of a tube.
- Squonk Mods – Squonk mods are advanced systems often used by experienced vapers and requires the rebuilding of the device, and they are usually customisable.
The Different E-Liquids
There is a wide variety of different types of e-liquid available from which you can choose, and there are many options with and without nicotine. When it comes to e-liquid, UK 100ml prices are highly affordable, allowing users to try various types of e-liquid until they find the perfect one for their taste buds. Some of the most popular flavours include:
Getting Your First Vaping Kit
If you are looking to start vaping to try and quit smoking, get yourself down to your local vaping store that specialises in these devices. They will give you lots of advice on the best device to use if you are new to it and make recommendations on everything from the vaping kits, e-liquid, and accessories that you will need. Before you know it, you can give up smoking and replace it with vaping, giving you the best chances of overcoming your nicotine addiction.